Thanks to the support of our members and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the National Association of Wetland Managers (NAWM) revised its website in 2011. If you are looking for something and cannot find it on this website, please contact us. It is very likely that the information is available on this site, but organized differently from the pre-existing nawm.org. For tips on how to use this website, please read more below.
- User-specific sections for legislators, landowners/local government, wetland educators and concerned citizens
- A State Wetland Program section aimed at providing state-specific information for wetland program managers.
How to search for a term/topic or news:
- Use the search bar to find a specific topic (keep search terms brief).
- Use the sitemap, which is found under I am Lost (sitemap) or jump to it HERE. Hit Ctrl F to find a term or phrase among the articles listed. All of the content is shown in the sitemap.
- Along the top menu bar, click on "NEWS" to get the latest wetland-related news, or find the most recent issue of "Wetland Breaking News" linked under “What’s New” at the top of the homepage.
- Hot topics such as climate change and Clean Water Act have short-cut links from the slide show (at right) and on the homepage, below to the left under “Hot Topics.”
- Many subcategories have a similar box above a list of articles with a 'Filter.' Entering terms in the Filter field will isolate articles within that section whose titles have the words you enter into the filter field.
NAWM has moved its website to a new server. The site is now hosted using Joomla! 1.5, an open-source web development tool that allows NAWM to focus more on creating content. The new website offers NAWM many useful new features.
Members of NAWM, as well as members of our work groups and state wetland managers, will be given personalized login information. This will allow us to produce valuable content for our members as well as maintain mailing lists with greater accuracy and ease of maintenance. This feature is currently under development. The login information has not yet been issued to members but it will be provided in 2012.